So to kick start things we’re looking back at
one of my first pieces of art that actually made me look like I had some talent
up my fingers. It was not an original idea that I had and just decided to
execute, no no no, not at all, I started off really slow taking baby steps.
This piece was done as an assignment that my art teacher (form 4) gave me to do
and to tell you how baby the steps were it was a picture out of a beginners art
book that was originally meant for colour pencils but I decided to play big and
do them in chalk pastel. Now as simple as the picture may look it took me about
two days to complete and after applying the finishing touch of the fixative
spray I was proud of my little bird on the branch. To date, that piece has
found itself in a Sanfest art competition where I received nothing more than a
certificate of participation and an exhibition held by the Art Society of
Trinidad and Tobago for which it was framed with matte board. It now hangs
proudly in my room reminding me everyday of my progress. What is your
experience with your first piece of art, the one that you think started it all?
It may not have brought you fame or fortune but it ignited a flame inside of
you that kept you going.

I like the format you use for these posts, Candice. Digestible piece of text with your thoughts as the artist, and the art itself. In the future, see if you can increase the size of these pieces so that we can see them more clearly.
ReplyDelete