I have always aimed to be a realist
painter but was curious about this form of art they call abstract. I was also
intrigued by how some artists creatively camouflage an object into the
background yet the viewer can see it when carefully observed so I decided to do
an abstract piece based on this. I started drawing a man’s head in my sketchbook
and the same continuous line to move along the page in no particular direction.
Then instead of drawing a regular face I merged it with a simple drawing of an
owl butterfly with the eye on the wing aligned with the position of a human
eye. After I transferred the drawing to my canvas and added colour I showed it
to a couple people and they saw the man’s face but not the butterfly. So was my
abstract piece successful? Well my objective was to camouflage the butterfly
but I think it was too well hidden. What do you think?

I see a man's face also, but no butterfly, lol. Love the colours though.
ReplyDeleteI see the butterfly and the face. Pleasant piece.
ReplyDelete