As I mentioned in my previous post, I am a very curious
person and have a tendency to collect things that interest me. So I was walking
through Woodford Square one day, as I usually do almost every day, and for the
first time I noticed this very intriguing leaf on the floor that’s bigger than
my fist. When I picked it up and took a good look it immediately reminded me of
a flame and I felt like fireworks going off inside my head. It’s kind of like
that moment when you meet your significant other in life but except for me it’s
finding my inspiration and that’s how I know when something is going to be
turned into my next creation.
When I got home I sketched the leaf and even added some
colour to it using my colour pencils which have not been in use since I wrote
CXC and I won’t tell you how long ago that was. As excited as I was to get it on
the canvas it took me a few days to start because I was nervous it would not
come out right, I was more accustom to landscapes, seascapes and animal portraits
but not making a leaf look like a flame but still appear as a leaf. Eventually
the process began and the bright colours of the flame began to flow along the
canvas and I felt myself melting with every brush stroke and before I knew it
the fun was over and the canvas was being stretched unto the wooden frame. This
piece still stands in my room reminding me step out of my comfort zone more
often and just let it be. How did your curiosity contribute to your creativity?
Like Art Connect on Facebook for more updates
Like Art Connect on Facebook for more updates

Ignore nervousness! Dive in! If you must fail, fail fast so that you can move past it and improve.
ReplyDelete