Everyone has their
strengths and their weaknesses, mine is drawing my own kind. Yes, I can't draw
people and make them look like their actual self. So a few years back I decided
to do something about it, I joined the UWI Open Campus art class in the hopes
of being the next best human figure artist. Well anything close to it. We went
through the whole science of the body’s proportion but when I started to draw
using the same guidelines the above is what was produced. That’s just some
of the sketches, the rest I threw because they were just too much to look at
but if I still had them you all would have had a hard time figuring out what it
was.
The closest I came to
making someone look like they really are, is the chalk pastel portrait below.
In terms of drawing a full body sketch of someone I still lack the skill but I
must say that I draw the best stick men you have ever seen. As a result I avoid
drawing people in any of my pieces and instead took up a preference in drawing
animals. How did you learn to draw human figures?
Like Art Connect on Facebook for further updates and tidbits

No comments:
Post a Comment