When you are given an assignment to
paint a shoe you should take every advantage of it as I did. Now of course we
were given the over used list of famous deceased artists to choose for as our
theme but I felt the urge to find a fresh new artist to work with. I was so
anxious that the next day I dived head first into Google images and found a
number of fine paintings but one of the pieces stood out to me and further
investigation lead me to a young American artist named Iris Scott. She was not
like the other artists that I learned about in class, for one she was not dead
and she did not use conventional methods of painting. She would slap on a pair
of latex gloves and begin painting solely with her fingers. Now I haven’t been
finger painting since I was a child but a lot of marks were weighing in on this
assignment so I had to give it my best.
At first it was more difficult than
I thought it would be but once I got the technique right my work started to
look more like a painting. Although there was the problem of my fingers being
too big to paint on something as small as a boots compared to a 30-40 inch
canvas but with a few modifications to the technique I think I successfully completed
the project. On one boot have two different paintings, both with warmer colours
of the spectrum, and the other boot has one large dog with colours more to the
cooler side of the spectrum. I hope you all enjoy viewing the boots as much as
I enjoyed painting them. What are some of your assignment challenges?
Check out more on Iris Scott
Like Art Connect on Facebook for more updates
I love the creativity displayed on this pair of boots.
ReplyDeleteI love this. The choice to use both warm and cool colours is very creative :)
ReplyDeleteAgreed, love the colours. Developing content are some of my assignment challenges, but as soon as I start it becomes more easier to develop.
ReplyDelete