I’m sure we have all had that ‘WOW’ moment when we saw
something that is just towering over us like the Eiffel Tower or Big Ben. Well
I had a similar feeling when I saw this (approximately) century old satellite dish
that is still standing strong although it has been out of use since the U.S.
army left. In case you are wondering this satellite is located next to the
tracking station in Chaguaramas. When I saw it I was completely blown away and
felt inspired in a creative way but my predicament was that I wasn’t sure what
exactly to do with all the creative bubbles that burst inside me when I saw it.
I like the way the rust claims most of its body and the way
it looks toward the sky as if it sees something I can’t so I documented the
monument with a couple pictures which are now stored in my ‘Art Stuff’ folder
but I don’t want it to stay there for years. So I would like you all to help me
figure out this mystery. Be part of my inspiration, you can suggest a medium
(it doesn’t have to be traditional, even crayons are fine) and suggest an
approach as to how this should all go down. I’m excited to hear from you, just
drop me a line or two.
You can view these photos and more from my trip from my
Photobucket album.
Like Art Connect on Facebook for updates
try photo editing. the image has a nice contrast
ReplyDelete