You might say I’m fond of everything but horses have a
special hold on me, although I’m terrified of riding one I like to see them
gallop and play. They are some of the happiest creatures along with dolphins.
Horses are complex to replicate a painting of them because of their muscle
structure but if you never do something you would never learn or improve. I
started how every artist would start and that’s by following a picture but
which picture should I choose. I had a whole book full of horses dying to be
painted but this horse really stood out to me. The way its mane looked enflamed
in the sun and the mascara like stain that ran from its eyes. Some may say it’s
a sign of sadness but I see tears of joy and freedom. I truly enjoyed painting
this piece and I hope to do another one before the end of the year.
Keep updated with Art Connect on Facebook
See this painting and others from my Artrise album

No comments:
Post a Comment