I may have called another piece my favorite
before but I realise now I have a lot of favorites and
I don't know how professional artists can take months to do a piece of art and
sell it the next day. After taking my time, patience and talent to paint a
piece I feel attached to it and the above that you see is one such piece. I
worked on it day and night making sure I got every detail right. I enjoyed
doing this piece because I’ve always been fund of dolphins but one thing I don’t
like to paint is clouds. Sure they look pretty and fluffy in real life but
getting them to look like that on canvas is the ‘catch tail’ part of painting
such scenery but I think I did a good job on these clouds than the ones I’ve
painted in the past. After I finished the painting I hung it in the living room
where it can be seen by all who come in the house.
About two years later my uncle stood in
front of the painting staring at it with an inquisitive brow then he asked me
why the water dripping from the dolphins is blue yet the reflection on the rest
of the sea is orange. While the laws of nature say that water would reflect
dominating colour of light in its surrounding I wanted the foreground to stand
out. So I used the complimentary colour of the orange sunset, which is blue,
and I blended it in to the drips of water. I feel as though a painting is not done unless I put my twist on it which
is similar to my other blog post ‘Finding A New Technique’. What is your signature style?
Like Art Connect on Facebook

No comments:
Post a Comment