Tuesday, 1 April 2014

She Sells Sea Shells By The Sea Shore



If every time we go to the beach and collect some shells we would have enough to fill a museum not so? Well this was my predicament and I finally decided to put my collection to use. Each shell is so unique and carries their own character and stories, even a pair of shells from the same chip-chip are still different from each other. So how does one put together all these shells and still display their true beauty? Well when I looked around I found some bed springs that I saved and painted some years back and I thought it would make a great frame to hold the shells. While I was doing it my mother passed and suggested that it can be a lamp so when the shell structure was completed I put a tea light beneath it and it gave a nice glow. Yes even your relatives can give you inspiration but one thing I could not decide on was if to keep the shell on top or leave it out. What do you think?



Don't forget to like Art Connect for more

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is really creative and looks good either way; with or without the shell on top. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful. love the glow :)

    ReplyDelete